Zero Tolerance Policy
PAEDIATRICS BALLARAT HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TO ABUSIVE OR AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR TO ANY OF OUR STAFF.
Paediatrics Ballarat has implemented a Zero Tolerance Policy to ensure all staff are treated with dignity and respect. Aggressive or violent behaviour towards our staff or any member of the public within our workplace will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Anyone verbally abusing members of staff, either in person or over the telephone, will be sent a letter from the Practice Manager advising that this behaviour will not be tolerated. Any future violation of this policy will result in the family and child no longer being seen or managed at Paediatrics Ballarat face to face, via Telehealth, or via Telephone. There will be no appeal process.
All abusive correspondence received by our office will be retained for reference should the matter persist and need to be referred to the police.
PATIENT AND FAMILY CODE OF CONDUCT
Employees of Paediatrics Ballarat have the right to be treated with respect. Zero tolerance of occupational aggression and violence is vital in providing a safe and healthy working environment. These behaviours toward any member of staff is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Occupational violence and aggression is any incident in which any worker is threatened, abused or assaulted in circumstances arising out of, or in the course of their work and includes:
- Verbal, physical or psychological abuse, face to face or on the telephone.
- Threats or other intimidating behaviours that causes a person to believe they are in danger of being physically attacked. It may involve an actual or implied threat to safety, health or wellbeing.
- Physical attack, such as pushing, shoving, tripping, grabbing, hitting, pinching, scratching, kicking, biting, spitting or any other type of direct physical contact.
- Aggravated assault, such as attacking with a weapon (knives, guns, clubs) or any other type of weapon (thrown object, furniture etc.)
- Sexual harassment and sexual assault.
PAEDIATRICS BALLARAT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REQUEST THAT AGGRESSIVE OR ABUSIVE PERSONS LEAVE OUR ROOMS. REFUSAL TO LEAVE UPON REQUEST MAY RESULT IN THE POLICE BEING CALLED.