Helena is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian with over 20 years Dietetics experience.
Helena Trained at Deakin University, Victoria and has highly developed skills in translating research/evidence into everyday changes for optimal nutrition for a range of nutrition needs and backgrounds. Her special interest in nutrition management for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder has led her to complete a range of courses related to Paediatric nutrition, Autism and ADHD, SOS approach to feeding, and Eating disorders. Helena also maintains continuing Professional development each year and is an avid reader of the latest research in this area.
Helena understands the importance of reducing stress around mealtimes, as well as the value of optimal nutrition on quality of life. She provides individualised support by working with children in collaboration with their families to achieve the best possible nutrition outcomes. Helena helps to improve nutrition quality in practical achievable ways, using everyday foods where able, to help to create positive mealtime experiences.
• Nutrition Deficiencies eg iron, zinc, calcium
• Poor Weight Gain/Faltering Growth
• Introduction to solids and Food Texture transition
• Fussy eating/Food aversions/Problem feeders
• SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Approach to Feeding
• Gastrointestinal disorders eg Constipation,
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Carbohydrate intolerances/malabsorption (lactose/fructose)
• Coeliac Disease
• Food Allergies and Intolerances
• Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
• Assessment of deficiencies in Vegan/Vegetarian diets
• Weight management – underweight/overweight
• Healthy eating education